Sunday, March 15, 2009

Goal Of the Week

I though as a new feature I might post a video of an amazing soccer goal each week. I think it would be cool because, while we all have seen all the great historic plays from the usual American sports, there are totally amazing (non-headbutt) soccer moments that few Americans have seen.

This week's goal, one of my personal favorites, comes via the one and only wizard, Zinedine Zidane. With the score 1-1 in the Champions League final between Zizou's Real Madrid and Bayern Leverkusen, Roberto Carlos tried a cross from the left side that got tipped high into the air. As it came down, Zidane volleyed it left-footed (he is naturally right footed) from the edge of the box into the top corner of the goal. The goal in itself is absolutely first-class, but the fact that it won the biggest competition in club football puts it among the top 5 goals ever, in my opinion.

Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment