Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hiring Yourself: Moving forward

I'm moving forward with my plans for my new cyber-empire. I've purchased 2 domain names now and I've got my book mind mapped for all but 2 chapters and an appendix. My next step is going to be mapping out the site so I know what content I need to generate ahead of time for launch, and so I can get an idea for what I want the layout to resemble. I'm very lucky to have knowledgable friends that I can consult on graphic design (shout out to Kate), and all things technical (shout out to AJ). 

My plan is to use the site as a lead in for the book. The site will generate income via advertising and be aimed at small campaigns that don't have money for big consultants or very experienced staff members, non-profits looking to expand their ground game/volunteer numbers, and local committees looking to become/stay relevant and useful, which is rarely the case, but if they were useful and every town had them, that would be a major benefit to campaigns big and small. The city of Chesapeake, VA has a Democratic Committee that was so well prepared we were able to let them run their own operation to an extent. Ultimately we were aiming bigger, but it gave us a huge advantage. Props to Dr. Ward for running that. 

Expenses so far are at a total of $20 for the two domains that I purchased. Currently, I'm looking at hosting options. More updates as things move forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment