Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The official F.T.B. fantasy baseball league

Not Jimmy Rollins' fantasy.

Opening Day 2009 is less than two weeks away and I am pumped. It also means fantasy baseball -- the greatest time-waster ever created -- is looming.

This is to drum up interest our league. We want to be a bit more "serious" than in the past. I want to get at least 12 teams (at worst 10), would like owners who check their teams everyday, want to do trades, etc. Not to discourage anyone from joining, but it's just better when all involved are on the same competitive level.

But if everyone who's done it in the past wants to do it this year, I have no problem being in multiple leagues, so by all means, let your voice be heard.

Drop a comment if you want in and we'll get a league started up.

7 comments:

  1. I'm passing this go-around. I haven't been able to follow the past two years because of job-age which sucked. When football rolls around hit me up though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doy. I'm down for any league, the more competitive the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in and so is a friend of mine a recruited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Depo. I'll probably set it up tonight/tomorrow and get a draft time set up sooner rather than later.

    So far: us four and six-eight randoms is fine by me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can get a friend to play if necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there anything more competitive than an ALL MARLINS Roster?! Anyone wanna make an all NL east league? spots would be limited.

    but yeah im down. draft times would be strange but the computer generally knows better than i do. matt forte?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am creating the league right now. I'll send out an en masse facebook message to those I know and you can forward the info to those you're inviting.

    So far: 12 team, 18 starters (9 pitchers [no RP/SP distinction], 9 positions) with 3 bench and 2 DL spots, regular snake draft, standard 5X5 roto scoring.

    ReplyDelete