Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuneskies Galore

So I've been listening to Sirius radio over the Internet since I figured out I can use my dad's account to access it over the Internet. Despite having (at least) two of the most annoying people ever as DJ's, the indie channel has been playing some rad tunes as of late. What I like most is they play singles that are out before the album comes out, and since I don't download illegally before an album is released, I get to hear some great songs for the first time on the show, such as:

"No You Girls" - Franz Ferdinand: While this one certainly doesn't break their template, perhaps that is its strong suit.

"My Maudlin Career" - Camera Obscura: They're last album is a favorite of mine, and this song indicates their new album could be filled with more of the same gloriously sentimental indie pop gems.

"Zero" - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - I just heard this one today and it got me pretty amped for their latest. I've never been a huge fan of them, but they have a knack for a catchy tune, as showcased here.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's important that you wait til it's released to pirate it. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. New YYY sounds good. The next single is as good as that one.

    ReplyDelete