Thursday, January 29, 2009

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

I seriously don't think a big enough deal has been made about the fact that the above movie is has been the number 1 movie in America for 2 or 3 weeks straight. Granted, I have not seen the above movie, but the Metascore (yeah I said it) is 39, and the Rotten Tomatoes score is an abysmal 27%. So don't give me any bull about "Oh, you haven't seen it". I think the most depressing thing is that there are solid movies out there, perhaps even great movies, that are playing in theaters that are not being seen in favor of PB:MC. Gran Torino and the Wrestler both came out very recently, and both are very, very worth seeing. And I hate how people say, "Well the economy is shaky, so everybody wants to see escapist movies." Fuck that, I think that there are few things worse than spending my hard earned money to waste an hour and a half of my day having my eyes bleed to the garbage that is Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

In other news, America is also retarded in voting Fly Khicks safe and Ring Masters not safe. Fly Khicks just had (another) shitty performance (at least this time nobody fell during the routine, unlike last week (oddly enough, in the 1-1/2 seasons that I've been watching this show, that is the only mess-up I've ever noticed) that only gets gets votes because the people voting are douchey horn-dogs that love to see six trollops gallavanting around the stage in short-ass skirts. Seriously, Ring Masters are the most insane performers ever, if they lose tonight I'm throwing something to my TV.

Also, typing Paul Blart: Mall Cop into the label-entry box makes me feel strangely guilty.

2 comments:

  1. America loves the least common denominator. Why else would there be so many shitty reality tv shows out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst part about the success of this film is that we are going to see a sequel.

    ReplyDelete