Friday, January 30, 2009

Week, I Hardly Knew Ye

Video Games
On a whim I picked up Call of Duty: World at War, and I fell in love. With intense action, great online, and a rewarding upgrade system, the game keeps on giving. Few things are more beautiful than unleashing a pack of attack dogs on your enemy. World at War, I love you, God loves you.

I finally rented Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe, and it rules! Somehow they made sense out of two very different franchises merging. The DC characters are so much fun to use that there is no need to even touch the MK side of things. This is just a rental though, as I'm not sure how much mileage you can truly get out of this game.

Reading

I had a snow day from work the other day (paid!), so I read a butt load. JLA: Tower of Babel is my first, and last, JLA comic. It wasn't bad, but I just don't give a damn about Aquaman or Wonder Woman. Batman and Superman are great as always though, this guy gets a 6/10.

Batman: Dark Victory is the sequel to The Long Halloween (Fun and important fact, both were written by Jeph Loeb, who also wrote Commando!). Batman is quite dark here, a certain sidekick is introduced, and all the essential villains make an appearance. For a fan of the Bat, it is a must read. 8/10!

Bizarro Comics isn't for the comic noob. Tons of guest artists and writers (Matt Groening and James Kochalka) create brief and often hilarious scenes featuring all of the famous DC characters. The guest strips are bookmarked by a truly hilarious Bizarro story. After reading a good amount of DC, pick this up, love it. 7/10

The eternal struggle also continues with Infinite Jest, a book that is certainly not good for reading on the train.

TV
Tool Academy, comic gold

Music
Acquired a few Woody Guthrie albums, the dude was WAY ahead of his time.
Ozzy-Blizzard of OZZ, just attempt to resist "Mr. Crowley"
As for the new Animal Collective, I still haven't decided...

Be on ze look out for...

BJM Thursday April 2, Paradise
Dr. Dog Friday April 3, Paradise (they are AWESOME live)

We need to pimp this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment