Monday, February 9, 2009

Wig Critic

Only two orders of business I could think of today.
The first being, Blink 182 back together?
I heard this yesterday, and although I think it might be nice for some die hard old blink fans to enjoy hearing them again, I hope they don't take this too far.
For instance, making a new album would be a horrendous mistake I feel.  Stick to the old stuff, take a tour, maybe two.  But all I can think of in this situation is Green Day.  Green Day, fuckin great band.  Many may disagree, but I don't see how you can deny their classics.  Now, Green Day had a resurgence with American Idiot and I hear tell of a new album Foxboro Hot Tubs?  However, to me at least, I hated American Idiot and Green Day is pretty old.  Their resurgence was enough to get the old fans out of the wood work for a listen and young teen girls to acknowledge an old band.  So back from my tangential analogy, I just hope Blink doesn't try anything too crazy.
WigCritic Score on Blink's reunion: 50, time will tell

Second order of business:
New Friday the 13th coming out this weekend.  I don't know about my horror buff friends (Cook I'm thinking of you), but I remember fondly the Jason movies of old.  The first one being legitimately good, and every successive one getting more and more ludicrous.  The series became more of a comedy than a horror film.  Jason in the city? Jason in space?  All hilarious.  Freddy vs. Jason was a GREAT idea, which although I haven't seen all of it, seems awesome.  Alright, past the nostalgia, I have high hopes for this weekends new release.  A complete remake by a different director with a different take.  It seems like they are attempting to make it a legit scary movie.  Now although I think this will be extremely hard, I applaud the attempt.  They seem to be playing to all the cliches.  Young lovers, GETTIN OWNED!  All I know is I will be going friday to check it out!  More news, WILL COME...
Temporary WigCritic Score: 75, and hopeful...

1 comment:

  1. The Foxboro Hot Tubs album was a side project that came out last year. Their new album, "21st Century Breakdown" comes out in May.

    ReplyDelete