Wednesday, February 4, 2009

GET IN THERE AND CLEAN IT UP

Notes on tonight's Real World:

I don't think Scott has been programmed to have "feelings".

Please, please, PLEASE can we get some hotel room action? Rita CORNY!

On a related note, can we have less episodes about serious shit, and more about, OH I DON'T KNOW HOTEL ROOM ACTION MAYBE!!!?

Pop-punk band + Cyndi Lauper = HMMMMMMMM...I CAN'T BREATHE.

Re: The beer flavored Doritos commercial, I'm pretty sure if they actually did that they would probably make tons from the bro market alone.

I think Chet may be the only person over 15 that was saddened by the loss of TRL. And he was probably the most saddened of anyone under 15.

Rad "Chet" hat Chet. Self promotion is the new black.

Why was Devyn brought here? She has zero redeeming qualities and isn't hilarious in the least.

Strange, setting this episode on a certain date (9/11/2008) gives the show a certain sense of dated-ness, whereas usually when I watch an episode there is this general feeling that the episode is occuring simutaneously with real time. To take this further, I find it unsettling when I consider that these episodes are culled together from various events within a general but non-specific and not even linear time frame. And to take this a step further, I find it very difficult to consider these people's lives as television products, that these events have been compiled and show in a certain way to give a sense of causality or highlight certain themes or patterns that may or may not exist in the reality of the cast members (of course, my use of the terms "cast members" instead of people is itself interesting here).

2 comments:

  1. Also RE: the incongruous time - how the fuck did that guy not know TRL was done? It's like his dream and he doesn't know?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should we do a rotating or collaborative Real World running blog each week? We are all way too into it, might as well.

    Also, I hate Chet. Laughed a great deal about his TRL discovery.

    ReplyDelete