Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I Quit, I, I, I Quit



About a month ago, I quit soda, cold turkey. I realized that it just wasn't a healthy choice now or in the future. It wasn't as if I was consuming it 24/7, but it was at least once a day. Be it at work when I start to crash in the afternoon, or at home melting in front of the TV, soda was in my hand. It was mixed with my booze at night, and helped cure the hangover the next morning. I miss it more than I imagined I would, and I am embarrassed to say so.

I miss a nice fountain Coke at a restaurant, fizzing, loaded with ice. I miss the ultra sweet Cherry Mountain Dew, a loyal companion to many late nights. Shopping for a drink isn't the same anymore. There are only so many flavors of juice, there's a new soda every week it seems. Whiskey and water is not delicious. Coffee sucks ass. Seeing friends enjoy it hurts. I haven't relapsed, and I don't plan on it (unless Surge comes back!). The temptation is there (be strong Gail), but no means no. The next thing you know I'll be vegetarian.

Soda, you were my real good buddy. I love you, God loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment